A list of possible ports that require www/mozilla

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Mar 18 01:57:56 UTC 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:04:28 -0500, Garrett Cooper
<youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> Here is better grep with lesser false positive.

>>> % find /usr/ports -maxdepth 3 -name Makefile | xargs egrep -l
>>> "www/mozilla$"
>>> /usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/mail/enigmail/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/net/penguintv/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/net/penguintv-devel/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/www/openvrml/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/hs-gtk2hs/Makefile
>>> % find /usr/ports -maxdepth 3 -name Makefile | xargs egrep -l
>>> "www/mozilla[[:cntrl:]].*"
>>> /usr/ports/www/openvrml/Makefile
>>> % find /usr/ports -maxdepth 3 -name Makefile | xargs egrep -l
>>> "www/mozilla[[:space:]].*"
>>> /usr/ports/devel/devhelp/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/www/openvrml/Makefile
>>> % find /usr/ports -maxdepth 3 -name Makefile | xargs egrep -l
>>> "www/mozilla.*HEADERS"
>>> /usr/ports/www/swfdec-plugin/Makefile
>>> % find /usr/ports -maxdepth 3 -name Makefile | xargs egrep -l
>>> "www/.*MOZILLA"
>>> /usr/ports/devel/devhelp/Makefile
>>> /usr/ports/japanese/mozilla-jlp/Makefile
>>>
>>> Might need to write a shell script for find any of ports that only
>>> have "USE_GECKO=mozilla", so can fix these ports to make work with
>>> "USE_GECKO=firefox xulrunner <goes on>".
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mezz

>>> <snip>

>>  Technically those weren't really false positives.. they called up
>> files needed by other ports that were using www/mozilla files.

The bsd.gecko.mk and Makefile.common are merely a framework, not a
dependency. My grep above shows the dependency rather than use files. The
bsd.gecko.mk and Makefile can be move outside www/mozilla in anywhere
without have to make any of big change, but only change the path of both
files. We can move bsd.gecko.mk and Makefile.common in www/firefox while
www/mozilla has been marked as deprecated.

>>  My script (now, slightly more improved):
>>  #!/bin/sh
>>  index_num=0
>>  for i in $*; do
>>         let "index_num=index_num+1" > /dev/null
>> done
>>  if [ $index_num -ne 3 ]; then
>>         echo "Usage: $0 [directory where ports are located] [filename
>> of ports subtrees] [grep search string with key]"
>>         exit 1
>> fi
>>  for i in `cat $2`; do
>>         for j in `find "$1/$i" -name Makefile -type f -type l -maxdepth
>> 2`; do
>>                 grep -Hi -e '$3' $j
>>         done
>> done
>>  I know it can be improved, but I just wanted something quick and my sh
>> scripting skills are not as good as my bash or perl.
>>  -Garrett
>
> Slight mistake. This line:
>
> for j in `find "$1/$i" -name Makefile -type f -type l -maxdepth 2`; do
>
> Should read like this:
>
> for j in `find "$1/$i" -name Makefile -type f -maxdepth 2`; do
>
> Also, you'll have to get the directory names first. I used ls -1F | grep
> '/' > dir_list and then ran the script like:
>
> /path/to/walk_tree_for_key /usr/ports/ ./dir_list "USE_GECKO.*mozilla"
> /usr/ports//devel/gtkmozedit/Makefile:USE_GECKO=        mozilla
<snip>
> /usr/ports//x11-toolkits/wxmozilla/Makefile:USE_GECKO=  mozilla
>
> So there are a number of ports still using mozilla in my ports tree on
> my dev box, unfortunately :(..

Add 'WITH_GECKO=firefox' in your make.conf, then more ports will be depend
on firefox rather than mozilla.

Anyway I think it's not bad, there only about less than 15 ports. The two
'USE_GECKO= mozilla' and about 10 ports that have hardcore or have not yet
catch up to use USE_GECKO. You can add firefox in two of USE_GECKO to see
if it will working then you can make request(s) to the maintainer to add
'firefox'. There might be need some tweaks other than just add 'firefox'
in USE_GECKO. However, you also can requests to the maintainers for
convert these ports to use USE_GECKO.

Cheers,
Mezz

> -Garrett

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org