Pushing for default jdk / jre to become java/diablo-j{dk,re}

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Mar 17 22:07:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 02:22:08PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Garrett Cooper wrote:
> >Kris Kennaway wrote:

> >>Isn't it already the default (except on current where it does not
> >>run)?
> >>
> >>Kris
> >
> >Oh, duh.. forgot that it doesn't work on -CURRENT. I need to remove Java
> >support from OOo then ><..
> >
> >Thanks Kris,
> >-Garrett
>
> Gary,
> 	See Kris's previous statement. I miscalculated that I was running
> -CURRENT on my devel box and diablo-caffe hasn't been ported to
> 7-CURRENT yet.
>
> All,
> 	Is there some set of steps that are required for building
> 	diablo-caffe? I wouldn't mind releasing some -CURRENT binaries if I could..

The issue is that in 7.0 not all libraries have been bumped yet, even
though some of them are incompatible with their 6.x versions
(e.g. libthr/libpthread).  So 6.x binaries that use those libraries
cannot run on 7.0.

I raised this issue again the other day and it's been investigated to
try and work out what the road blocks are, if any.

Kris