Pushing for default jdk / jre to become java/diablo-j{dk,re}

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sat Mar 17 20:24:39 UTC 2007

Hello all,
	I was just wondering if there was any way where we -- as a group --
could push to make the default jdk / jre the diablo packaged versions
because frankly I don't want a system to assume that I want to compile
the 1.5 jdk / jre from scratch by first installing the linux v1.4.2 of
the jdk, and having to go through the long and arduous process of
compiling java, for little or no benefit (the only benefit would be for
different architectures that aren't available in diablo-jdk/-jre, like
sparc, powerpc). In that case one would be required to do the above process.

	It would be nice to add this in though so someone doesn't accidentally
take all that time and disk space compiling all for naught.

Thanks,
-Garrett