cannot upgrade p5-Pod-Simple

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Fri Mar 16 12:20:07 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:06:10PM +0100, Lars Kristiansen wrote:

> I am having a problem upgrading p5-Pod-Simple.
> But i do not know perl.
> Can one tell from this output if it is something wrong with my
> installation or if it is something wrong with the port?

There is a tricky bug which involves MakeMaker picking up some of the manual
page-generating modules from p5-podlators port, which depends on
p5-Pod-Simple.  Since p5-Pod-Simple contains manpages, we have the situation
that you observe.

As of now, I am unsure about the proper fix, but as a workaround, deinstall
p5-podlators, install p5-Pod-Simple (make clean might be needed), then
install p5-podlators again - if you need it.

Cheers,
\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen