php4 port - undefined ref to getopt_long

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Wed Mar 14 19:30:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 10:56, timmartin said:
> First let me say I'm not a programmer, just a humble designer who
> happens to know enough to make himself dangerous. Anyway, three
> things started happening with my ports tree that make me unhappy.
> They may be unrelated, but since I don't know i'll list all three.
>
> this is all on freebsd 4.11
>
> 1) a while back i stopped being able to make my own ports index
> because of a bunch of gstreamer-plugins that wouldn't let me "make
> index" so i started having to "make fetchindex" instead.
>
> 2) when i look at "portversion" outputs it seems as though it
> doesn't really know what versions are in the ports tree -- many
> ports have been updated and it doesn't seem to think so. When i ran
> portupgrade on said ports it worked just fine -- just portversion
> didn't know what was going on.
>
> 3) today i stopped being able to build php4 -- i get the following
> error that stops the upgrade:
>
> ext/standard/basic_functions.lo(.text+0x1507): undefined reference
> to `getopt_long'
>
> Anybody have an idea on how i can fix the situation? The only one
> that really sucks is the last problem -- the other two i can live
> with although it'd be nice to fix them too.
>
> .tim

On January 31st, FreeBSD 4.11 and earlier releases will have reached
its End of Life dates and will no longer be supported by the FreeBSD
Ports Team. Users are encouraged to upgrade to FreeBSD 6.2.

Compatibility with 4.x has been removed from most of the ports.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html