question regarding handling of a port listed with this address as the maintainer (mail/py-spambayes)

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Mar 12 14:30:43 UTC 2007

> I gather that if I want to make an addition to a port, with this
> address listed as a maintainer (meaning there is no maintainer,
> correct?) I should just follow the instructions in the porters
> handbook of using the same tool that creates bugreports, correct?
>
> Additionally, the addition to the port in question, mail/py-spambayes,
> requires I add a file to the work directory (I made an rc.d script for
> it), as well as some small changes to the pkg-plist. I don't have a
> good place to host this file, what do you all recommend I use?

These articles have 99% of the information you need:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing-ports/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

Since there's no maintainer, you may want to consider volunteering to
maintain it.

Generally, I open a PR.  If I don't hear back from someone within a week
or so, I'll ping the mailing list asking a committer to look at it, but
usually someone jumps in and takes care of it.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com