misc/zoneinfo port on 6.1R and others

Kevin Kramer kramer at centtech.com
Fri Mar 9 15:44:50 UTC 2007

I've portsnapped my servers (some are 6.1R, 6.2 Prerelease, 6.2 Beta2
etc) to get the lasted zoneinfo port. Prior to this I tested the
timezone info using
zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007 , the test showed I had old DST
information. I installed the port without issue and re-ran the tzsetup
according to my timezone (CST).

then I re-ran my test and it never returns, however another test (found
in other threads) works

date -r 1173679260, on all the hosts.

Does this mean I'm really OK or do I need to have the zdump work? I have
not rebooted the hosts as suggested in other threads, I really can't.
Some of them I've updated the source, cd  /usr/src/share/zoneinfo &&
make && make install then tzsetup and still get a hang.