Getting linux-nx-client to work

Yu-Xi Lim yuxi at gmx.net
Thu Mar 8 21:26:10 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I noticed that linux-nx-client is being updated, so I assume that
someone has managed to get it to work.

I have FreeNX servers running on Fedora 6 (freenx-0.5.0-5.fc6 with
nx-2.1.0-1.fc6). I've verified that I can connect to them properly from
both Linux and Windows nxclients. However, using nxclient on FreeBSD
(via the linux-nx-client port), gives me nothing but problems.

Firstly, clicking "Configure..." on the main client window kills my X
server.

Secondly, connecting fails with the following error:

Session: Session started at 'Thu Mar  8 04:12:30 2007'.
Error: Failed to set TCP_NODELAY flag on FD#14 to 1. Error is 22
'Invalid argument'.
Session: Terminating session at 'Thu Mar  8 04:12:30 2007'.
Info: End of NX transport requested by signal '15'.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting watchdog.

Changing the "Disable TCP no-delay" option does not make any difference.
I'm using the same .nxs files across all platforms (except for tweaking
the TCP_NODELAY thing).

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone know the necessary voodoo to get
this working?

TIA
Yu-Xi