gramps build failure

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Mon Mar 5 08:59:55 UTC 2007

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:40:44 -0500
Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

> Anders Troback writes:
>
> >  Add the following to /etc/make.conf and rebuild databases/py-bsddb
> >
> >  WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42
> >  WITH_BDB_VER=42
> >
> >  Please let me know how it went!!!
>
> 	That seems to have done it.
> 	_However_: attempts to open an existing .grdb produces a
> window with:
>
> 	Database is not portable
>
> 	If you need to transport the database to another
> 	machine, export it to a GRAMPS package and import the
> 	GRAMPS package to another machine.
>

> 	This makes me nervous about possible file-format
> incompatibility (and subsequent data loss).  Is there any reason I
> shouldn't accept the change?
>

> 				Robert Huff

I'm not a user of this software I'm just porting it so this is a
question that you should ask the Gramps people, I have no idea about
this!

If you have other issues about installing or running this that may
be a problem just on FreeBSD please let me know! As I said I'm not
using it so it would be very helpful if you report thous kind of error
to me!

\\troback

--
Anders Trobäck