[Fwd: Clamav and Amavisd]

Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago Carlos.Paniago at cnptia.embrapa.br
Thu Mar 1 23:25:25 UTC 2007

Hi: I was running clamav and amavisd with postfix... With the recent
change in clamav (0.90), I was receiving this error:
Mar  1 19:08:55 norma amavisd[75399]: Virus scanner failure:
/usr/local/bin/clamscan (error code: 40)

Looking this error I find out:

in amavisd I find the following line: (363 in /usr/local/sbin/amavisd)

     chop($output = `$clamscan --stdout -r -w --one-virus $TEMPDIR/parts`);

And trying to use the clamscan with this options I find that:
"-w --one-virus" is deprecated.

What is the solution? (for now I changed the amavisd stuff), but is this
the correct solution? Is someone finding this error (in this case the
clamscan is not working) also?

The other solution is to come back this options in clamav.

Carlos Paniago