wxPython 2.8 port

Neal Nelson neal at nelson.name
Tue Jun 26 13:31:56 UTC 2007

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Neal, porters,
>
> Is there any work in progress on a port of wxPython 2.8 ?
>
> I've tried to quickly hack one by copying x11-toolkits/py-wxPython26* to
> the corresponding x11-toolkits/py-wxPython28* directories, changing
> version to 2.8.4.0 and `make makesum`.
> Everything worked quite well through the build stage but installation
> failed. It seems that it was because of some changes in configure script
>  that resulted in py-wxPython28 being built with unicode support.
> I didn't pursue this further, but it seems that creating the ports
> should not be very hard.
>
> Sorry for not providing any patches.

I tried to make a port some time ago but unfortunately wxPython uses
features not present in wxGTK 2.8.0. As soon as that port is updated
then it should be straight forward to make a port.

Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a house move so I don't know if that
has happened yet. When I get DSL sorted and the old house painted
(strange German rules) then I can look into it again.

Sorry everyone for the prolonged delay in getting the latest wxPython
ported.