wxPython 2.8 port

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Jun 26 09:26:34 UTC 2007

Neal, porters,

Is there any work in progress on a port of wxPython 2.8 ?

I've tried to quickly hack one by copying x11-toolkits/py-wxPython26* to
the corresponding x11-toolkits/py-wxPython28* directories, changing
version to 2.8.4.0 and `make makesum`.
Everything worked quite well through the build stage but installation
failed. It seems that it was because of some changes in configure script
 that resulted in py-wxPython28 being built with unicode support.
I didn't pursue this further, but it seems that creating the ports
should not be very hard.

Sorry for not providing any patches.

--
Andriy Gapon