does the java/jdk15 port build under 7.0-CURRENT?

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Fri Jun 22 13:45:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, LI Xin wrote:

> John Reynolds wrote:
>> Hello all, I recently built up a new box running 7.0-CURRENT (to get support
>> for devices on a new motherboard I bought). Everything's been going great thus
>> far (kudo's to all involved!) but as I was building the java/jdk15 port tonight
>> I ran into a problem. I had previously built this on a 6.2-STABLE machine with
>> no hassles. I've fetched all the distfiles by hand and put them into the right
>> place. The port build goes on and on and finally ends with the following
>> cut-n-pasted below. Is this port "supposed" to build on 7.0-CURRENT? What else
>> can I check to make sure I've got in place to make it succeed?
>
> I have built a native java from java/jdk15 by bootstraping from
> diablo-jdk15 with help of misc/compat6x and it was succeeded.  My system
> was FreeBSD/amd64 7.0-CURRENT no older than a week, and so far as I am
> aware there is no significant changes introduced recently, so my answer
> is that, try diablo-jdk (remove BROKEN line which warns you about
> compat6x and install compat6x when need).

Once you have the native JDK built, updates are easier.

I believe the actual issue is with the Linux JDK used for boot strap.

I have a native amd64 jdk15 built on 7-CURRENT of a couple of weeks or so ago:

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_11-p5"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-p5-root_09_jun_2007_19_33)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_11-p5-root_09_jun_2007_19_33, mixed mode)
$

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893