cricket-1.0.5_4

Roar Pettersen roar.pettersen at uib.no
Sat Jun 16 07:19:33 UTC 2007

Hello !

>>> I'm trying to compile Cricket, but I get this error message :
>>> server:/usr/ports/net-mgmt/cricket# make
>>> ===>  cricket-1.0.5_4 uses a UID registered to another port.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Can anybody look into this problem ?
>>
>> Did you remove the IGNORE line from the Makefile?  It looks like you may
>> have.  The IGNORE line explicitly states what the problem is; you
>> shouldn't be able to build the port if IGNORE is set to non-null.
>>
>> IGNORE=         uses a UID registered to another port
>
> The IGNORE line is why the build stopped in the first place (notice that the
> messages are the same).

The solution was to comment out this line like this :

$FreeBSD: ports/net-mgmt/cricket/Makefile,v 1.28 2007/04/11 16:20:53 mux
Exp $

#IGNORE=         uses a UID registered to another port

Now I was able to compile and install cricket.

--
Med vennlig hilsen / Regards;

   Roar Pettersen
   Universitetet i Bergen -  The University of Bergen
   Nygardsgt. 5  -  N-5020 BERGEN  - Norway
   Tlf: +47 55 58 40 55  fax: +47 55 58 40 70
   roar.pettersen at it.uib.no - IT-Avd, UiB - http://www.uib.no