FreeBSD Port: ipfw2dshield-0.5

Daniel Dvořák dandee at hellteam.net
Fri Jun 15 23:30:03 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Chadwick [mailto:koitsu at FreeBSD.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 1:04 AM
To: Daniel Dvo??ák
Cc: 'John Merryweather Cooper'; ports at FreeBSD.org; frank at dynamical-systems.org
Subject: Re: FreeBSD Port: ipfw2dshield-0.5

> FreeBSD by default sets PATH to what you see in the mail from cron.
> That is, /usr/local/bin is not include in the list.  This is Normal(tm).

Yes, I know and so I was surprised when cron showed this:

which is not actualy true because this:

X# setenv
TERM=cons25
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
MAIL=/var/mail/root
BLOCKSIZE=K
FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES
SHELL=/bin/csh
HOME=/root
LOGNAME=root
USER=root
HOSTTYPE=FreeBSD
VENDOR=intel
OSTYPE=FreeBSD
MACHTYPE=i386
SHLVL=1
PWD=/root
GROUP=wheel
HOST=X.Y.Z
EDITOR=vi
PAGER=more

I did not change anything in PATH. /usr/local/bin and sbin was not added by me.

> Ideally this should be fixed by doing something like export
> PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin either inside the rc script or inside of the
> ipfw2dshild script (if it's a script).

Yes. If I see my setenv for root, I see the right path for strpdate, so parhaps some sort of script seted before.

> On other FreeBSD systems?  You probably have PATH explicitly set in on
> of your ~root dotfiles, or in /etc/profile, etc. etc...

No. I did not change it in cshrc, bashrc etc.

> root, but see above.

Yes. The PATH was set well and even that ipfw2dshield or cron or who saw

???

Bye