mail/postfix on Current (-DFREEBSD#)

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Wed Jun 13 20:05:01 UTC 2007

I use FreeBSD on a lot of mailservers in combination with postfix.
When i compile on FreeBSD 5 i see messages like:
cc -DHAS_PCRE -I/usr/local/include  -O -pipe -I. -DFREEBSD5 -c format_tv.c

On FreeBSD 6 they look like :
cc -DHAS_PCRE -I/usr/local/include  -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I. -DFREEBSD6 -c mystrtok.c

so i guess -DFREEBSD5 or 6 resembles the current version it runs on, but on FreeBSD 7 i see this:
cc -DHAS_PCRE -I/usr/local/include  -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I. -I../../include -DFREEBSD5 -c rcpt_print.c

it has the -DFREEBSD5

Is this an error on my system or is this suppose to happen.
and if so what does -DFREEBSD# means.

just curious.

regards,
Johan Hendriks