make update broken

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 13 17:47:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 06:47:41PM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> > It still seems not to be fixed and I cannot find the PR either. Can you give me
> > the number?
>
> I didn't open a PR, I contacted directly who proposed/committed that
> change and portmgr. But after a couple of mail exchanges nobody took a
> final decision (i.e. I'm still waiting a reply or an action).

As I described earlier, SUP_UPDATE, CVS_UPDATE and PORTSNAP_UPDATE are
mutually exclusive and cannot be used at the same time.  That it worked
before was an artifact which has been fixed.  That is doesn't work
anymore means the designed behaviour finally has been fixed and not
broken :-)

Your patch reintroduces PORTSNAP_UPDATE with a new meaning.  While I
dislike this workaround for an unsupported configuration, it may be
needed for backwards compatability.  Please send-pr your patch, but
please also add documentation of the new meaning of PORTSNAP_UPDATE.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk