Updated Nvidia Dviver

Thomas Sparrevohn Thomas.Sparrevohn at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 12 13:57:38 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 08:55:41 Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On 6/8/07, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > hello ports at .
> >
> > Does anyone have a diff for the newest nvidia Video Driver *Version:
> > 100.14.09*?
> > here is the link http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_100.14.09.html
> > the current driver in the ports tree isn't so stable with the 8800 series
> > cards.
> >

> > Thank you
> > Sam Fourman Jr. >
> >
>  I would like to know is anyone using a 8800 series card with FreeBSD?
> I am having a little trouble with beryl and xorg 7.2
>
> Sam Fourman Jr.

I have two GTX 8800 installed - there are some weird issues with the "multimedia" side of things and
there seems to be some GL issues - but for normal 2D it works

The multimedia issue shows if you have a browser open using the extension and you start
a kplayer/mplayer - It give an error saying that the Multimedia extension is not loaded -
close the browser and it seems to work again ;-) - I am using Xorg 7.2