Php5 port and Apache Module

Christopher Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Sun Jun 10 19:03:16 UTC 2007

Miroslav Lachman wrote:

> I guess that mod_php5 depends on Apache and maintainer don't want this
> big dependency. The second is - if it will depends on Apache of some
> version (eg. 1.3) it will be broken with another version (2.0 and 2.2).
> It apply for binary packages. If somebody is compiling ports himself,
> then can check option "with apache" or add WITH_APACHE in to /etc/make.conf

That makes sense almost to the point of justifying the existence of a
mod_php5 port for those people who want apache+mod_php5. However given
the fact that this would double the workload on the maintainer I
understand.

Thanks

-- Chris

--
       __o          "All I was doing was trying to get home from work."
     _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks