Php5 port and Apache Module

Bob bob at a1poweruser.com
Sat Jun 9 21:02:24 UTC 2007

The php4 & php5 port apache module used to be default before FBSD 6.0.
Many people before you on this list have wanted the php4/5 apache module
turned back on as default but so far the port maintainer has not done
anything
in any way of justifying removing the apache module from the default setting
or re-enable it as the default.

This has forced all php4/5 users who want to use php in apache to compile it
manually with the apache module option selected during the make install of
the port.
When it was part of the default the php4/5 package was so quick to install
and ready to work with apache without any special handling.

Hope you have better luck finding the justification for it being removed
from the default.