suggestion: force removal and reinstallation of eaccelerator on php upgrade

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 6 12:30:42 UTC 2007

Ion-Mihai Tetcu ha scritto:
> Why ? We did this in the past for enough ports, we do it for
> claws-mail-*, etc.

Do we bump every p5-* port when we update perl? No, but you are supposed
to update them. Here is even more complex: if I update php4, why should
php5 users update their extensions? There is no reason. And only a
minimal part of the extensions will effectively require an update, so
it's simpler to deal with them only when a breakage occurs.

--
Alex Dupre