[net/samba3] Upgrade to Samba 3.0.25a

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 5 22:54:28 UTC 2007

Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:

> Unfortunately, Samba3 became so big and hairy, that fixing one problem
> there creates few new. So, for the last ~10 releases this was pretty
> common situation when erratra release was following very quickly.

I think it's very reasonable, and well in keeping with FreeBSD
tradition, to delay upgrading to a new release of ported software
until the maintainer is convinced that it's safe to do so. I have
taken the same approach with the BIND ports, and actually went so far
as to place a comment in the Makefiles to try and stem the tide of
requests for instant upgrades to new releases.

As a samba user, I appreciate you giving these issues careful
consideration, and your looking out for the best interests of our
userbase.

Regards,

Doug