portupgrade -o

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Jun 4 09:12:54 UTC 2007

on 02/06/2007 10:41 Sergey Matveychuk said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
[snip]
>> The problem can be illustrated like follows:
>> $ portupgrade -o audio/portaudio2 portaudio-18.1_2
>> ... nothing happens ...
>> $ portupgrade -f -o audio/portaudio2 portaudio-18.1_2
>> ... portaudio-18.1_2 from audio/portaudio is re-installed ...
>>
>> Does anybody else see this ?
[snip]

> It's possible if installed version is greater than a version in origin.
> You can compare two version with the command:
> pkg_version -t version1 version2

I am not sure which versions I should compare...
Version of audio/portaudio in ports is 18.1_2, installed version is also
18.1_2. Version of portaudio2 should not matter in this because it is a
"totally different" port, right ?
Anyway, even if I had the version situation that you suggested I think
it still would be a bug on portupgrade's side because in this case I am
not upgrading any ports at all, I am replacing one port with another.
Or am I missing something ?

--
Andriy Gapon