/usr/local/ set to 700 ?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Jun 2 12:55:51 UTC 2007

On 2007-May-24 21:23:35 +1000, Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:
>With the upgrade of xorg 7.2, and the "portupgrade -Rr 'gstreamer*'"
>part, I suddenly find the permissions of my /usr/local and certain
>directories in there set to 700 instead of 755. Am I the only one
>with this very interesting issue?

After upgrading to xorg 7.2 and installing a few other ports, I
discovered that various parts of /usr/local were suddenly owned by me
instead of root.  After a suggestion from Edwin, I checked and my
/usr/local/etc/mtree/BSD.gnome.dist started with:
/set type=dir uname=peter gname=wheel mode=0755

I've only seen this on one system so far (recent -current).

--
Peter Jeremy