Uggg!

Garance A Drosehn gad at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 1 19:43:37 UTC 2007

At 2:06 PM +0300 6/1/07, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>Warner Losh wrote:
>>my portupgrade -a died in the middle.  Well, the laptop in my
>>battery died at a bad time.  all of my +CONTENTS files are gone.
>>Is there any hope?
>
>Dodged that lately. Actually in my case most files were dumped
>into lost+found so just a lil bit of awk|mv does the job.

Not that this will help Warner's situation, but I like to add a
'sync' or two after doing some longer operation.  The trick is
to pick the best times to do that.  For a portupgrade, it might
be a good idea to add a 'sync' right after doing each package-
register step.  That should not slow things down much, and it's
a good time to try and force disk-I/O out to the disk.

Garance Alistair Drosehn     =               drosehn at rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad at FreeBSD.org