Uggg!

Fri Jun 1 06:58:12 UTC 2007

Quoting Warner Losh <imp at harmony.bsdimp.com> (from Thu, 31 May 2007
23:21:15 -0600 (MDT)):

> my portupgrade -a died in the middle.  Well, the laptop in my battery died

A laptop in the battery... wow, is the decharging now computer optimized? ;-)

> at a bad time.  all of my +CONTENTS files are gone.  Is there any hope?

Hard solution:
  - get your ports in /usr/ports down to the corrsponding installed version
  - "make install -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER" each

Easy solution:
  - let your ports as is
  - force an install
  - pray that not much files have changed
  - "pkgdb -F" and let it remove the old ports for those where more
than one exists

Collaborative solution:
  - post the pkgname of each
  - let people here send the +CONTENTS files to you

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Two can Live as Cheaply as One for Half as Long.
		-- Howard Kandel