FreeBSD Port: squirrelmail-1.4.9a - missing strings.php?

Mark mark at movesmountains.com
Mon Jan 29 21:49:57 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've just upgraded my squirrelmail port to 1.4.9a, and I believe there's a
problem with the upgrade.  Perhaps it was caused by me not upgrading for
several months & I missed a release.

In any event, it's no longer possible to log in to my Squirrelmail; the
login page gives the error
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function sqm_baseuri() in
/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/login.php on line 44

I believe this is because the sqm devel team moved this function into
include/strings.php in 1.4.6, and the port does not update the strings.php
file.  My version of strings.php is from the 1.4.5 release, and there
doesn't seem to be a strings.php in
/usr/ports/mail/squirrelmail/work/squirrelmail-1.4.9a/include/

Installing the 1.4.9a strings.php in the appropriate place seems to solve
the problem.

Hope this is useful, PLMK if there is something different I should have
done, and thanks for maintaining the port.

Yours,
Mark