pkg-plist, +CONTENTS, make package, and the ports cluster

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Jan 29 01:24:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 07:21:03PM -0600, Jon Passki wrote:

> > xor# grep -r ldconfig/pth /var/db/pkg/pth-2.0.7/ +CONTENTS
> > /var/db/pkg/pth-2.0.7/+CONTENTS:libdata/ldconfig/pth
> > +CONTENTS:libdata/ldconfig/pth
>
> This was a pretty recent (within a day) port update w/ a slightly
> custom supfile [1].  Got any suggestions on things I could look for?
> Are you taking a look at the installed +CONTENTS file or the one
> included in the package created by `make package` and friends?

I'm comparing both, the latter file was extracted from the freshly
made package.  The only thing I can think of is that you are actually
extracting stale packages instead of the freshly made ones.

Your ports collection is incomplete since you drop a number of the
categories.  Maybe that is related, otherwise I can't imagine what
would cause this.

Kris