ports/102499: lftp asc file checksum mismatch

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 24 23:19:17 UTC 2007

> My point of view that we should not blame the squid, this wouldn't

We have to blame squid. We can't blame lftp port.

Also, what's the use of these .asc files anyway? We could just lose
their fetching from the port. They do nothing.

> My idea was to tech a fetch to request a binary mode for all files
> despite of their mime type.

fetch does binary mode for all files. It's the squid which talks ascii
with the original ftp site.

> > IMO this is a bug in the squid configuration.

Agreed.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

> Why do we need a film of "Lord of the Rings" when we have the book?
Because watching a cg enhanced Legolas fire a flaming arrow
into the heart of a warg is cool?
    - asdf at asdf.com in rec.games.roguelike.angband