math/R eats up all.

vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Wed Jan 24 18:55:06 UTC 2007

I helped the mantainer to update  R to both  2.4.0 and to 2.4.1 (ports/107638,
still waiting to be committed, long overdue).

I can't understand the point!
On a pentium 4 notebook I hadn't the slightest problem in compiling the latest
R, atlas, blas and lapack.
As a matter of fact R requires 'blas' as a dependency as well as 'atlas'. So
if you compile/update  atlas (i did it yesterday!) by default blas should be
compiled and installed.

I suggest  to install the following packages with the default configuration in
this order:
1)  blas
2) atlas
3) R