new version of Gnucash on FreeBSD

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Jan 20 21:42:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-Jan-19 20:24:26 -0500, Michael Johnson wrote:
>Currently devel/libltdl15 is missing some features for FreeBSD and
>adding the missing features requires much testing since it affects
>many many ports. However, we do have a working copy of GnuCash
>in marcuscom  ports cvs repo.

If this is just the dlopen patch then it affects gnucash 1.x equally
badly, though I agree that it has a widespread impact.

If it's not the dlopen patch, I'd be interested to know what the
missing features are.

>I hope to have GnuCash 2.0 in ports with GNOME 2.18. Sorry for the
>long delay.

I've also done a gnucash 2.x port which seems to work (though I haven't
updated it from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4.  The major compatibility issue I've
bumped into is that devel/g-wrap is a gtk12 port.  I think g-wrap may
need to be split into gtk20 and gtk12 variants.

--
Peter Jeremy