linux-flashplayer9

Sat Jan 20 17:18:32 UTC 2007

Quoting Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein at gmail.com> (Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:48:07 +0100):

> Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > > IIRC flash 9 requires ALSA, do we have any sort of workaround?
> >
> > If you run the linux firefox binary from the www/linux-firefox port
> > instead of the freebsd native one, sound works with flash.
>
> Not for me,
>
> I just switched from version 7 to 9 for my linux-firefox and there is
> no sound and it is segfaulting _a lot_. I reverted back to version 7.
> Version 9 seems unusable right now.
>
> NB: This is on RELENG_6, perhaps the enhanced Linuxulator lets version 9
> work stable on -CURRENT?

We fixed a lot of bugs in -current (compare the stable column with the
current columns at http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/linux-kernel/ltp), so this
may be an explanation. If someone wants to give a MFC a try, good
candidates are the mmap fixes (not complete in -current, jkim@ is
working on further fixes) and the msg* stuff.

Bye,
Alexander.