math/lapack crashes update of math/freemat

Philipp Ost pj at smo.de
Thu Jan 18 16:01:50 UTC 2007

Dear Nakata,
Hi list,

when updating math/freemat using portupgrade, I get the following error:

[compiler output snipped]
building shared library liblapack.so.4
===>  Installing for lapack-3.0_2
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if math/lapack already installed
===>   lapack-3.0_2 is already installed
       You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
       by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
       If you really wish to overwrite the old port of math/lapack
       without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
       in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/lapack.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/freemat.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade.74355.0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade
UPGRADE_PORT=freemat-1.10_2 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=1.10_2 make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
         ! math/freemat (freemat-1.10_2) (unknown build error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
#

I did reinstall math/lapack (# make deinstall && make reinstall), but I
did never have success when I try to update math/freemat ;)

Is this related to the migration to gfortran?

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #1: Mon Jan 15 15:22:45 CET 2007
The ports-tree is current as of today (around 14:00 CET).

If you need more information, please let me know. I'm also willing to
try patches if necessary :)

Regards,
Philipp
--