portlint gettext warnings

Jose Alonso Cardenas Marquez jacardenasm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 00:57:13 UTC 2007

2007/1/16, Beech Rintoul <freebsd at alaskaparadise.com>:
> I'm in the process of updating an orphaned port. Portlint reports about 25 of
> the following:
>
> WARN: /usr/ports/audio/beast/pkg-plist: [259]: installing gettext translation
> files, please define USE_GETTEXT as appropriate
>
> I added USE_GETTEXT= yes to the makefile, but it didn't help. What do I need
> to do to fix this warning?
>
> TIA,
>
> Beech
> --
> Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at alaskaparadise.com
> /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
> \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
>  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99501
> / \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com

Hi :)

It's strange, i added USE_GETTEXT and replaced INSTALL_SHLIB with
USE_LDCONFIG and it worked for me. Now the unique message taht i see
is the following:

WARN: Makefile: Consider adding support for a WITHOUT_NLS knob to
conditionally disable gettext support.

But it's optional if you decide do or don't (Sometimes we haven't
control over it or it's always necessary to be installed as in some
python-ports)

Greetings
ACM