portlint gettext warnings

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 17 00:23:58 UTC 2007

Beech Rintoul píše v út 16. 01. 2007 v 14:37 -0900:

> I'm in the process of updating an orphaned port. Portlint reports about 25 of
> the following:
>
> WARN: /usr/ports/audio/beast/pkg-plist: [259]: installing gettext translation
> files, please define USE_GETTEXT as appropriate
>
> I added USE_GETTEXT= yes to the makefile, but it didn't help. What do I need
> to do to fix this warning?

You need to slow down, think, understand the issue, and if there is an
issue, to fix it.

You need not to blindly jump to action just because portlint croaks
about something.

My advice from looking at the port is just to ignore the warning. You
can't possibly build this port without gettext (gtk20 is in the
dependency hierarchy), so no need to bother recording explicit gettext
dependency in the Makefile.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
  -- RFC 1925