Thoughts: Potential new port(s)

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Jan 14 00:04:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 12:21 +0000, Joe Holden wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm creating a port for OpenPBX, however it requires a recent SpanDSP,
> so I have created spandsp-current to keep inline with development, as
> Asterisk for one, relies on the patched version of spandsp that is in
> the ports tree.
>
> The port has been tested and checks out fine with portlint etc.
>
> Feedback much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

If Asterisk can only work with a specific version of spandsp then maybe
there needs to be an asterisk specific port of comms/spandsp so other
spandsp consumer ports, such as openpbx, can use the latest version via
comms/spandsp.  Also, the patches in the current version of the spandsp
just appear to be build fixes.

Take it up with the asterisk maintainer.

tom

--
| tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org             tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org |
| FreeBSD                                   http://www.FreeBSD.org |