rcorder doesn't apply to ports startup scripts in 6.0?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 13 07:53:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Jo Rhett wrote:

> Scot Hetzel wrote:
>>> So all of the ports which are being updated to use rcorder are now
>>> breaking on all of the existing 6.0 systems...
>>>
>> It shouldn't break existing systems, as the scripts are still run in
>> alphabetical order on the 6.0 systems before revision 1.336.2.1 of
>> /etc/rc.
>>
>> Which scripts are breaking?
>
> Everything that depends upon mysql or postgres, on all of our 6.0 systems.
>
> Any simple way to patch rcorder into 6.0 to avoid this?

Yeah, you could update /etc/rc.subr, /etc/defaults/rc.conf, and /etc/rc.d to
their state in 6.1-RELEASE, that should do it. There may be something I'm
forgetting, so you might want to cvs diff all of /etc/ from where you are to
6.1-RELEASE and apply what's needed. It might be simpler just to update to
6.2-RELEASE in the long run.

hth,

Doug