rcorder doesn't apply to ports startup scripts in 6.0?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 12 16:54:33 UTC 2007

Jo Rhett wrote:
> I'd just like to confirm that rcorder wasn't implemented until 6.1, right?

Scot's answer was correct here in terms of timing. If you're looking
for a big round number, 6.1-RELEASE is good enough.

> So all of the ports which are being updated to use rcorder are now
> breaking on all of the existing 6.0 systems...

Not broken, they'll just work the same way they worked on 5.x. The
rcorder will look like this:

stuff
localpkg
	<all local (ports) rc.d scripts run here>
more stuff

Ports were already using rc.d before I added the support to run them
in the overall order, but we were a little bit constrained on what we
could do with them since they all ran at the same exact place in the
boot process, and couldn't affect anything earlier than that.

hth

Doug