cvs commit: ports/devel/glib20 Makefile

Jean-Yves Lefort jylefort at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 12 11:27:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:17:26 +0100
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:

> Quoting Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort at FreeBSD.org> (from Thu, 11 Jan 2007
> 17:21:36 +0000 (UTC)):
>
> > jylefort    2007-01-11 17:21:36 UTC
> >
> >   FreeBSD ports repository
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     devel/glib20         Makefile
> >   Log:
> >   On i386 (>= 486) and amd64, fix the arch passed to configure so that
> >   glib will implement atomic operations with assembler instructions
> >   rather than mutexes (improves performance).
>
> What about setting GNOME_ARCH based upon CPUTYPE instead of hardcoding
> it to i486?

The problem is not specific to GNOME. I prefer the solution below.

> Or much better: set --build in bsd.port.mk globally based upon CPUTYPE
> (to iX86 on IA32, I'm not sure if it is wise to change the amd64 one
> globally).

Yes. And do pass x86_64 for amd64, that's what a majority of configure
scripts expect since they have linux in mind.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

jylefort at FreeBSD.org
http://lefort.be.eu.org/