FreeBSD Port: sugarcrm-3.5.1

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Jan 5 14:15:36 PST 2007

> I see in the ports the 3.5.1 version of sugarCRM... On the main web site
>  at http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/download/sugar-suite.html
>
> there are talking about version 4.5.1 (beta)
>
> Is it possible that the FreeBSD adaptation is that much behind?

Pfft.  Must be the time of year or something, but you are the 4th person in
24 hours to ask me about an upgrade to 4.5, after months of relative silence.

Yes, the freebsd port is still at 3.5.1. I've attached an edited part of an
email to someone else below, explaining why this is the case.

As this is evidently causing people problems, I will get a PR filed next
week to upgrade to 4.5.0.  This port is not going to deal gracefully with
upgrades, so anyone with a current 3.5.1 installation should use the
in-line upgrade mechanism to upgrade to 4.5.0 instead of portupgrade.

Nick