files to be checked on meta-ports

Wesley Shields wxs at atarininja.org
Tue Jan 2 13:34:18 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 12:12:00AM +0300, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Wesley Shields wrote:
>
> WS> > For some time I use local meta-ports referring different sets of useful ports.
> WS> > Most of the time, this works well; the only exception is meta-ports which do
> WS> > not install own files.
> WS> >
> WS> > I thought about refering /var/db/pkg/pkgname/ files, but this seems
> WS> > unscalable due to constant path changes.
> WS> >
> WS> > Your thoughts?
> WS>
> WS> I don't know if it's acceptable to look there but you can always use
> WS> ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PORTNAME} to get /var/db/pkg/portname (by default).  I'm
> WS> not sure I understand the "constant path changes" you mention.
>
> Errm, this refers to current port, not to the dependency (say, my
> misc/ws-preferred wants to install x11/xorg)

You're right.  In the example you give above I would use
${PKG_DBDIR}/ws-preferred which is what you mentioned in your original
post (and now makes sense to me, my apologies for the initial
misunderstanding).  Though if your metaport name ever changes you will
have to chase it in other ports.

I suppose one way to do it would be to have your metaport install a
"dummy" file that you can use for checking purposes in other ports.
This is easily done in a custom do-install: target.

-- WXS