Problem with mail/mulberry

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Jan 2 12:16:28 PST 2007

Recently I portupgraded mail/mulberry.  Afterwards, mulberry wouldn't
start.  It generated an error complaining about a missing libXext.so.6.
After deinstalling and reinstalling, mulberry launches and works as
expected.  However, I now cannot sign messages.

I removed and re-imported my certs to make sure that wasn't the problem.
This is the error I'm getting:

GPG Plugin Error: gpg: WARNING: using insecure
memory! gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html
for more information gpg: skipped "pauls at utdallas.edu":
secret key not available gpg: signing failed: secret key
not available

The strange thing is, I'm not using GPG.  I'm using S/MIME.  Looking at the
security preferences, I can see that S/MIME is not loaded.  Checking in the
plugins directory, the S/MIME plugin is there.  I did a complete deinstall
and distclean and reinstalled, but the problem still exists.

I'm not sure if this is a port problem or a distro problem, so I'm mailing
both the FreeBSD ports list and the mulberry discussion list.  (I'm also
cc'ing the FBSD port maintainer.)

uname -a
FreeBSD utd59514.utdallas.edu 6.0-SECURITY FreeBSD 6.0-SECURITY #0: Tue Apr
18 08:56:09 UTC 2006
root at builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

mulberry -v
4.0.7