files to be checked on meta-ports

Wesley Shields wxs at atarininja.org
Tue Jan 2 11:58:35 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 10:06:08PM +0300, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> First, happy New Year! ;-)
>
> For some time I use local meta-ports referring different sets of useful ports.
> Most of the time, this works well; the only exception is meta-ports which do
> not install own files.
>
> I thought about refering /var/db/pkg/pkgname/ files, but this seems
> unscalable due to constant path changes.
>
> Your thoughts?

I don't know if it's acceptable to look there but you can always use
${PKG_DBDIR}/${PORTNAME} to get /var/db/pkg/portname (by default).  I'm
not sure I understand the "constant path changes" you mention.

I think what you really want is mentioned at the bottom of:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-depend.html#AEN2226

-- WXS