OSS sound for linux-flashplugin9

Iulian M eti at erata.net
Wed Feb 28 10:16:50 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 13:50, Stefan Ehmann wrote:

[snip]
> Sound works so far.
>
> I haven't tested that much, but current seems a bit more stable. I haven't
> noticed any difference using the p4 diff.
>
> Basically, on 6.2-RELEASE firefox crashes a lot. On CURRENT firefox hangs
> and wants lots (some hundred MB) of memory.

Also works here with 6-stable and linux-firefox. So far I've only seen crashes
on youtube but only after 20sec-1min of playback. Sometimes i have to reload
the page for the sound to work.

In linux-opera the plugin crashes more often, even on simple movies, and when
it works still no sound.

About a month ago I've tried to make the plugin work with native firefox by
modifying the linuxpluginwrapper. The plugin was being recognized by the
browser but i crashed on playback. Any one else tried this?

As a side note the flash7 plugin also stopped workind with native firefox &
opera after the linuxpluginwrapper update. After tweeking linuxpluginwrapper
( compat_linux/linux_ioctl.c - adding a wrapper for FIONREAD ) the plugin
started working (only in opera ) as in sound and context menu but no image.
Any one working on this also?

All of these is on 6-stable updated about a month ago and with ports updated
daily.

--
Best Regards,
Iulian Margarintescu
eti at erata.net
(spamassassin & pf & spamd all said it's OK to make it public ;-) )
Key ID: 0x03176E5CEDEFF7AB
I prefer plain text email