GnuCash

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Feb 27 17:41:45 UTC 2007

On 2007-Feb-26 18:05:27 -0800, Ade Lovett <ade at freebsd.org> wrote:

>On Feb 26, 2007, at 16:20 , Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
>
>>I had to follow these instructions, not sure if they still apply,
>>
>>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2006-December/
>>037261.html
>
>No longer needed.  The latest version of devel/libtool15 and devel/
>libltdl15 have this taken care of.

Unfortunately, the changes don't appear to work.  I've just reverted
my ports tree to the stock version and rebuilt libltdl15 and the
infinite-reopens-of-shared-libraries bug has returned.

cd /usr/ports/devel/libltdl15 && make configure
reports:
checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... unknown

Looking further, you patched libltdl/acinclude.m4.  This file is
ignored during "make configure".  During "make build", internal
dependency checking detects that configure is out of date but is
unable to update it because the relevent tools are not listed
as dependencies:

===>  Building for libltdl-1.5.22_1
cd . && /bin/sh /var/obj/home/ports/devel/libltdl15/work/libtool-1.5.22/libltdl/missing --run aclocal-1.9a
aclocal-1.9a: not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.9a' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.  You might want
         to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.  Grab them from
         any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /var/obj/home/ports/devel/libltdl15/work/libtool-1.5.22/libltdl/missing --run autoheader
autoheader: not found
WARNING: `autoheader' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `acconfig.h' or `configure.ac'.  You might want
         to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them
         from any GNU archive site.
rm -f stamp-h1
touch ./config-h.in
cd . && /bin/sh /var/obj/home/ports/devel/libltdl15/work/libtool-1.5.22/libltdl/missing --run autoconf
autoconf: not found
WARNING: `autoconf' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `configure.ac'.  You might want to install the
         `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them from any GNU
         archive site.
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck

The configure step is then repeated with the same result as the first time.

The solution would appear to be one of:
- Directly patch configure (as my patch did)
- Make the relevant auto tools a build-time dependency.

After re-implementing my configure patch, re-building libltdl15 and
completing the gnucash upgrade, everything works correctly.

--
Peter Jeremy