Portupgrade omitting dependencies?

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 26 23:48:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:15:18 +0300
Sergey Matveychuk <sem at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I think it should be fixed in 2.2.5 version.

Yes, it certainly seems so.  It may be a bit premature without
further testing but it works as I have come to expect portupgrade
to work.

Just after I updated this morning for the latest portupgrade-devel
version, there was a version update for mplayer.

This time, mplayer was updated to a new version and there were no
entries left as "DELETED" in any /var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS file.

I did as you suggested with pkgtools.conf:

  ALT_PKGDEP = {
    'print/ghostscript-afpl' => 'print/ghostscript-gnu',
    'www/apache13' => 'www/apache13-modssl',
  }

In order to clear the "DELETED" entries I had to first do a

  portupgrade -fo print/ghostscript-afpl ghostscript-gnu

to update all the dependencies to the ghostscript-afpl version
then followed that with a:

  portupgrade -o print/ghostscript-gnu ghostscript-afpl

to restore things to the original ghostscript-gnu version.

It would have probably been okay to just leave them at the newer
ghostscript-afpl.  I saw talk on cvs-all list about perhaps
making that the default version of ghostscript but that's up to
those that take care of that.

I'll continue using portupgrade-devel to shake out anything else
since I do ports update almost daily.

Thanks so much for doing all this (and knowing ruby ;-).

Randy