Portupgrade omitting dependencies?

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 26 09:25:39 UTC 2007

Randy Pratt wrote:
>> Unfortunately I can't reproduce it.
>> Can you show an output of the command please: cd
>> /usr/ports/multimedia/kino; make package-depends-list
>
> (doesn't this ignore any entries in pkgtools.conf?  I don't have
> any in this case)

[...]
> mplayer-0.99.10_4 /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer multimedia/mplayer
^^^^
So pkgdb -F should not remove mplayer as dependency. And an interesting
thing now is when you got it removed?

> I'm not sure which part that you couldn't reproduce but these
> 'DELETED' dependencies seem to only occur when updating from
> an old version to a new version.  This doesn't happen for all
> ports being updated to a new version, just some.

I've tried to install multimedia/kino and pkgdb -F. It does not remove
mplayer for me.

> I have already "repaired" the /var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS by forcing
> updates of ports whose dependencies were marked as "DELETED";
> however, the "DELETED" ghostscript-afpl entries still remain.
>
> I realize this kind of thing is hard to reproduce since it probably
> depends on a lot of things that are constantly moving targets.

I hope I found all issues and will release a new version today. It will
fix ghostscript and relate issues but you will need to add the ports in
ALT_PKGDEP section in pkgtools.conf just like this:

ALT_PKGDEP = {
  'print/ghostscript-afpl' => 'print/ghostscript-gnu',
  'www/apache13' => 'www/apache13-modssl',
}

--
Dixi.
Sem.