Python and gramps...

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Sun Feb 25 21:25:57 UTC 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:30:17 -0500
Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:

> Anders Troback wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:58:21 -0800
> > Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
> [ ... ]
> >> I think you need to choose a particular flavor of BDB which is
> >> recent enough to support these log capabilities; try setting
> >> something like these in /etc/make.conf:
> >>
> >> WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42
> >> WITH_BDB_VER=42
> >>
> >> ...or choose some other recent 4.x version, and then try
> >> reinstalling /usr/ports/databases/py-bsddb.
> >
> > Yes, thanks that did it!
>
> Ah, very good.  You're welcome.
>
> > How do I reflect this in my port?
>
> Many ports do something like check whether WITH_BDB_VER is defined to
> something in order to register a properly dependency.  If you can
> figure out which versions of BDB are supported with your software,
> then you error with a warning if too old a version is chosen, or you
> can do something like choose a reasonable default value if none is
> already set....

I can check the version like this (I think):

.    if !defined(WITH_BDB_VER)
WITH_BDB_VER= 42
.    endif
.    if (${WITH_BDB_VER} < 42)
BROKEN=   Does not run with less than db42
.    endif

But how do I know if the dependency ports are compiled with the right
version? Is this the right way of doing this or is there a better way?

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they declare darkness a new standard.