[Bsd-sharp-list] [ports/lang/mono] crosstalk compiling problem between installed mono and port's mono

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Feb 25 02:31:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:41 +0000, tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 01:48:44PM -0300, Phillip Neumann wrote:
> >> El mi??, 21-02-2007 a las 17:28 +0200, Kostik Belousov escribi??:
> >>

> >> Sure. sorry for not doing it ..
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>

> > Patch helped, thanks. I successfully did portupgrade -f mono-1.2.2.1_2.
> >

> Gah, I didn't realize in my earlier patch that MAKE_ENV was redefined a
> little further below in the port's Makefile.  I'm still curious to know
> what the exact change was that fixed things.  (It may be that while one
> change fixed your problem we should be using all the changes so we don't
> get bitten again later.)  I'll commit Philip's patch later when I have
> access.
>
> tom

This was really weird.  The exact change needed was adding LC_ALL=C to
MAKE_ENV.  That resolved the problem on mux@'s machine.  Odd thing was I
was never able to reproduce this on his machine after using his LC
environment settings.

Anyways, it's committed so all should be fine now.  Let me know if it's
still broke for anyone.  And thanks to everyone who tested changes for
me.

tom

--
| tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org             tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org |