NTFS-3G install errors

David Stanford dthomas53 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 23:39:50 UTC 2007

On 2/21/07, Jason Gretz < JGretz at angstman.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, I got a prob here, I am trying to install the new NTFS-3G
> driver, which just went 1.0, and This is what the output of  "make install
> && make clean" got me:
>

> ===>  Installing for fusefs-ntfs-0.20070207RC1
>
> ===>   fusefs-ntfs-0.20070207RC1 depends on file:
> /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko - not found
>
> ===>    Verifying reinstall for /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko in
> /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod
>
> ===>  fusefs-kmod-0.3.0_4 requires the Kernel source to be installed. Set
> SRC_BASE if it is not in /usr/src.
>

> I'm new to UNIX/FreeBSD and I dunno how to check the kernel source, but it
> is a stock FreeBSD kernel.

Hi Jason,

First, I would suggest sending posts like this to the freebsd-questions@
list rather than freebsd-ports at .

Second, try installing sysutils/fusefs-kmod and sysutils/fusefs-libs from
the ports tree, and then try installing the NTFS-3G source again:

# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-libs
# make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod
# make install clean

Good luck!

-David
--
[root at fbsd ~]# fortune
Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion.